Family Life Society (FLS) is a registered non-profit, an Institute of Public Character (IPC) charity, a member of the National Council of Social Services (NCSS). Our mission is to empower families, strengthen marriages and to uphold the dignity of human life. We offer professional services and support to those in need from all walks of life, regardless of race and religion.
Our Counselling department is looking to recruit a Therapist to grow and enhance the practice. This position reports to the Principal Therapist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide individual, marital and family counselling
• Organise and conduct talks and workshops
• Undertake any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
• Support and assist in the events and publicity of FLS
Qualifications and Requirements
• Deep care and empathy for people
• Belief in the importance of marriage and family
• Possess a Master degree in Counselling
• At least 5 years of clinical experience
• Good communicator and interpersonal skills
• A proactive team player who is able to work with limited supervision
• Proficient presentation and public speaking skills
• Willing to work on weekends and weekday nights
1. Overall strategic direction and planning for the department, and be responsible for defining the specific outcomes and key performance indicators and holding the team responsible for achieving these targets.
2. Responsible for the management of staff including coaching, training, performance, management and staff development.
3. Preparing and managing the Education Department financial budget.
4. Conceptualise and lead curriculum development, evaluation and revision of programmes and workshops.
5. Provide leadership, guidance and manage the full implementation of programmes.
6. Ensure compliance with MOE, accreditation, regulations and policies for programmes that are run in the schools.
7. Manage, coach and train the team of programme executives, volunteers and trainers / speakers to effectively execute the public education initiatives professionally.
8. Conduct workshops and presentations.
9. Organise events to promote effective sexuality and parenting education.
10. Promote FLS as the choice for family education and raise public awareness of our education programmes.
11. Identify and establish key relationships with decision makers and stakeholders.
12. Actively source for volunteers and lead, manage, coach, train and develop the team to work with FLS as presenters / facilitators.
1. To work with teams of outsourced contract of service staff and / or volunteers on specified education and outreach assignments as determined by the Management.
2. To proactively lead or be member of project innovation teams at organisation or departmental level to positively impact the Vision & Mission of FLS.
3. Control expenses in line with the approved financial budget.
4. Ensure the timely submission of invoices and documents to the Administrator and the relevant governing bodies.
5. Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Management.
Qualities, Knowledge and Skills Required
• A degree in Education and Psychology or Social Sciences
• A person of Credibility (Competency, Commitment and Character) guided by moral & ethical values
• A Collaborative Change Leader who always seeking faster, better and more cost effective ways of doing things.
• Strong organisational, strategic and operational skills
• Possess good interpersonal, people-oriented disposition with team building skills
• Possess excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• At least 5 years of relevant experience
Interested candidates, please email your detailed resume with expected salary to [email protected]
We thank you for your interest and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.